Hey guys! So for my first rush week post, I wanted to share what I did to my nails for this year’s recruitment. I generally just do a solid color on my nails for rush… More
A few months ago, I made a small Morphe purchase. These products have changed my life forever. Whereas, before this last buy, I was on the fence about the brand. I wasn’t convinced they were as good as everyone said. Funny how one purchase can change how you feel about an entire brand…
The sole reason I bought anything from Morphe, was to test out their Flawless Beauty Sponge. Let me tell you, this thing lives up to all the hype. I went from hating the Tarte Shapetape Concealer (using the Real Techniques Sponge) to it being my holy grail when using this sponge. It’s just too good! I actually cannot imagine using any other brand’s sponges, now.
Since this was so good, I will definitely be trying out their Highlight & Contour Sponge next!
The second thing I wanted to purchase was the M433 Pro Firm Blending Fluff. This is, by far, my absolute favorite blending brush ever!! Makes my life so much easier. I don’t go anywhere without this brush. I feel the need to buy like 47 more….
Now I have the Morphe Y10 Mini Detail Contour brush. I first heard about this thing from Jaclyn Hill. I started off using it as a foundation brush, but have since only been using it for contouring. It’s definitely a great, little brush that I am glad to have added to my collection!
Lastly, I have the Morphe M432 Flat Liner Definer. This is a great brush to get product as close to your lower lash line as possible. So easy to use, my (not so) new go-to.
That’s all I have for this short little haul! Have you purchased these brushes?? What are your thoughts on Morphe? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to follow me on all of my social medias! Like and Subscribe if you haven’t already!
Hey everyone! I hope 2017 has been treating you well! Can you believe we are already at the end of January?! Where has the time gone?
I intended to do a “Best of Beauty 2016” post, but ultimately decided I would rather post my resolutions regarding my blog and my life for the year of 2017! So, here they are…
** Make sure you read to the end to see a MAJOR CHANGE coming soon!!**
1. When it comes to posting- I want to learn to let go, quit obsessing, and just push the “publish” button. I have a bad habit of reading, re-reading, stressing, and over editing before I let a post go live, and that needs to stop. I need to loosen up, not be worried if people are going to like what I have to say, and just do me. With this, in 2017, I hope to become more confident in my blog and myself!
2. I want to up my game here on WordPress. I want to invest in my blog and my subscribers and hopefully host my first giveaway! This has been something that has been really on my heart the past few months and I hope to follow though this year… maybe even soon?
3. I am striving everyday to better myself. Most people don’t know, but for a little over a year now I have seriously struggled with anxiety and depression. This year, what has been at the core of my anxiety isn’t going to control me. Not. Any. More. I am DONE with being controlled by something that doesn’t deserve the ability to hold that power!
4. This year, I want to step more outside my comfort zone. I have never really allowed myself to ignore my fears and tackle my bucket list, so it’s time I put my big girl panties on and just do it!
5. Succeeding in school and being active in my sorority are big musts for me this year. I had big changes last semester by joining Alpha Phi, and declaring my major as Integrated Marketing Communications with Public Relations and Sports Communications specializations! I want to engulf myself in putting my best foot forward every time I step foot on campus, for me and Alpha Phi.
6. As some of you will already know, I got my first big girl camera for Christmas this year! I really want to become a better photographer and maybe even take a class on it.. I will be the first to admit, I don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to my camera, but I will be doing my very best each time I snap a photo.
7. 2016 will be the last year of OhMyMakeupObsession as we know it. I am revamping this site, upgrading, and changing our name. I will hopefully be starting some of these changes today, after this post is published. I hope you all are as excited as I am!!
Writing on OhMyMakeupObsession has been so good to and for me. I have loved every second of having this blog and growing with you guys! This year, for me, is all about “out with the old, and in with the new.” So…..
Without further ado… Our new name is….
Beauty Break with Betsy!!!
I am so pumped for this transition and this new year! I hope y’all are ready for a great ride!
Thank you for everything 2016 brought me. I am beyond grateful!
Yes, I know this is super late. Yes, I know people have moved on from Christmas and are gearing back up for school and taking on this new year. However, I still wanted to show you guys the latest additions to my collection!
Sephora Brand Avocado Facial Mask.I used this mask right away and I really loved it! I woke up the next day with a more clear complexion. Sephora has really great masks and I definitely recommend this one!
Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss Lip Lacquer Lip Glosses.
I had never used Marc Jacobs Beauty before Christmas and these have definitely become some of my new favorite glosses!
Marc Jacobs Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon.
I had actually run out of all but black eyeliner, so I am really excited I got these! I have tried BlacquerBerry on my upper lid and it transferred really bad, so I definitely recommend using these on the lower lash line and waterline! I am going to give it another chance with maybe a different shade and see if they just do that, or if it was a one time thing.
Marc Jacobs The Bronze- Bronzer Brush No. 12.I am absolutely OBSESSED with this brush! It is so soft and fluffy and just… OMG. It’s amazing. It is super pricey, so if you’re looking for a great bronzer brush to splurge on, this is your guy!
Marc Jacobs Object of Desire Face and Eye Palette.LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this palette! Such amazing formula and pigmentation! The blush and highlight are so BOMB. The shadows don’t give much room for various looks without other palettes, but still a great addition to my collection!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette.I just want to shout out my super sweet cousin, Darden, for giving me this palette!! It was so unnecessary and I do not deserve you doing this, but THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This is the only palette I’ve used since Christmas and I am in LOVE with it.
Now. Last but not least…..
Part of the reason it took me so long to get this post up is because I’m still learning how to use my camera, edit, and all of that fun stuff.. I am kind of getting the hang of it, but please bear with me!
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to leave a comment down below if you have any of these products, or tell me what you got for Christmas!
Please like, comment, and subscribe if you haven’t done so already! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and BlogLovin’ to keep up with what’s going on here on OhMyMakeupObsession!
Hey guys! I ran a poll on Twitter to see what Christmas look y’all wanted done this year…. and shockingly (not), glam won! If you want to have your say in future posts, please go to @beautybreakbets and click that follow button! We have already hit over 90 followers there and I am so thankful!!
For the sake of the post, I decided I would start with all of my face makeup and eyebrows done, so we could just focus on the eyes…
I just wanted to insert this picture to show you guys what shades I will be using from the Holiday Palette, for those of you who don’t want to continue reading!
First things first, I went in with Makeup Geek Beaches and Cream and Creme Brulee for my transition shade. Then, I used a fluffy Estee Lauder blending brush and went in with the shade Chestnut in my crease and outer corner. It is such a beautiful shadow that has found it’s way into my top favorite shadows!Next, I took my Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Brush and applied the shade Frosty, which is that silvery color, all over my lid. I did end up doing a second layer using eyedrops to make it just a tad more intense… You could probably get away without it, since it does have a ton of pigment, but why not be extra at Christmas?!
After I applied the silver on my lid, I decided that it needed a darker color on the outer corner, because it just wasn’t popping like I wanted it to… So, I added this beautiful deep matte purple, Silent Night, and blended it into my outer corner and crease! I, personally, wanted to stay in the purple family, but a good black could be so awesome as well! (The first time I did this look was actually with Makeup Geek Corrupt instead. Follow this link to find it!)
I also put a little bit of Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma to the corner of my eye and under the brow bone!
After that, I curled my lashes and applied the Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer and then the Perversion Mascara!
To top off the look, I applied my Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Bow and Arrow! I absolutely love, love, LOVE this lip color– it is so great for winter/fall!
And here is the finished look! I am so happy with the way it came out. It doesn’t show up as great in this picture- stupid iPhone… It was so much more vibrant in real life!
I hope you guys enjoyed this Christmas tutorial and that it sparked some inspiration for your festivities!
As always, please like, comment, and subscribe if you haven’t already! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and BlogLovin’ to keep up with what’s going on here on OhMyMakeupObsession!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I will talk to you very soon!
Hey guys! I saw where Nicole Gurriero did her “lazy day skincare routine” a couple of weeks ago, and I decided I would do the same! (Copycat, I know. I’m sorry.)
I have been wanting to show off my favorite skincare products for a while now, but didn’t want to put 15+ products on a blog post.. I mean, who would actually want to read that much?
I do slack off on my skincare routine every once in a while because it is so much and sometimes sleep is just more important.. college students feel my pain, yeah?
So without further ado, here is my not-doing-much-but-really-doing-a lot skincare routine!
Before doing makeup or skincare, it is so so SO important to wash your hands, no matter what! You don’t want nasty germs going on your face, right?
- Step one for me is taking off my makeup! I have been using the Purity One-Step facial cleanser for almost a year now. I feel like I have to work harder than I want to to get everything off my face with this, but my skin doesn’t react to it so I just keep buying.
- With this cleanser I use my Foreo for combination skin to really get my pores clean. I really don’t know what I would do without this thing. It has been a key item in my skincare routine for over three years now!
- Step two is my favorite face wash, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. This was recommended to me from a dermatologist in high school, and I have been using it pretty much since then!
- Step three is usually one of two things… I either go in with a mask or use my Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer. This really depends on my mood and what my skin needs at the time! However, I only use the Pore Minimizer three nights a week, lazy night or not.
- After this, I go in with my Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. I have really seen a difference in my skin while using this product. It has definitely helped with brightening up my complexion and clearing up texture.
- My last step on a lazy night is either an oil or a moisturizer. I use the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light or the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion which are my two faves!
Well guys, that’s it for my lazy night routine! I hope you enjoyed getting a sneak peak into my skincare routine!
I might do another post with the products I left out of this one, so let me know in the comments below if you would like to see that!
Don’t forget to check back here tomorrow for my Kylie Cosmetics Christmas Glam!
Hey guys and happy holiday season! I hope this post finds you all doing great and as excited to celebrate Christmas as I am! It is FINALLY getting cold in Mississippi, my tree is decorated, and my last day of class was last Friday! So you know what that means…. FINALS WEEK IS FINALLY HERE!!!! I have been getting a max of four hours of sleep each night night, so we’ll see what this week brings. Hopefully it goes better than expected…
I just want to apologize for being MIA yet again. I have been swamped with school work this semester and am preparing for finals as we speak! Since it was my first semester back full time (more than full time really), I needed a chance to figure out how blogging would fit into my schedule, and obviously didn’t do a very good job. BUT, I am trying my best to fix that and thankfully have a month to figure it out before classes start back again.
This semester has been a huge change for me… From declaring my major for the 57th time to Integrated Marketing Communications with Public Relations and Sports Communications specialties, to being Prayer Group Leader in Phi Lamb, cousins getting engaged, and finally pledging and becoming an official member of Alpha Phi Fraternity! Things have been a whirlwind and I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from and be patient with me.
Y’all.. I am seriously so excited for the things to come and the posts I have coming up this month! I have several product reviews and holiday looks coming soon, so keep your eyes pealed for that!
Don’t forget to meet me at here each SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY (starting December 11th) during the months of December and January for brand new posts!
I love you guys and will talk to you soon!
I don’t think it’s any surprise when people say they love the Erin Condren planners and notebooks…
I mean, I do too.
They are beautiful, customizable, fun, luxurious, great for organization, spread positivity….
And expensive. Very expensive.
If you’re anything like me, you don’t enjoy seeing that number go up when you’re buying a planner. A planner for Pete’s sake! So, of course, I take advantage of pretty much every sale and discount code she has to offer when it comes time to buy a new planner….
I’m sure you can see where this is going by now…
Over a week ago she had a 25% off discount code on her entire site. I figured this probably would not happen again by the time I needed one for next semester, so I thought it best to take advantage of it….
I had been deleting my order and starting over every time I would get to the “payment” part, because it didn’t give a “review order” section and I needed to make sure it was just right. Me- being the dumb, go-as-fast-as-I-can girl that I am when ordering things online- forgot to type the code in the last time I went through the process (it was a tiny, almost unseen area that blended in with the payment information). As I submitted the order, I IMMEDIATELY realized my mistake.
So, what did I do? It was 10 p.m. and they weren’t open, so I emailed them. I emailed and asked for ANY help possible, since I knew the code and got to them before the time was up. I also asked if I could please cancel the order if I couldn’t get the discount. I didn’t want to spend over $80 on a planner. I could buy more makeup with that money…
To all which I was told, flat out- no. No, they would not add the discount to my order. And no, I could not cancel my order “because production had already started” WHEN THEY WEREN’T EVEN OPEN. Makes sense right? Heck, my order wasn’t even customized, so it’s not like they had put my name or color preferences on anything.
I found the Erin Condren people were not willing to help me with my problem. Granted, it was my fault in the first place as the code was the ONLY reason I was buying at that moment.
It may just be my personal opinion, but when you’re paying $80 for a few sheets of paper, I think a company should be willing, at all costs, to help a customer. At the very least, let them cancel their order up to 24 hours later.
But apparently, Erin Condren doesn’t believe “the customer is always right.”
I don’t like giving a company a negative review, but I have never heard this about them.. and I wish I had known.
Have you had this experience with Erin Condren or any other company, or is this just me?
A very sad and disappointed Betsy.