Hey everyone! I hope 2017 has been treating you well! Can you believe we are already at the end of January?! Where has the time gone?
I intended to do a “Best of Beauty 2016” post, but ultimately decided I would rather post my resolutions regarding my blog and my life for the year of 2017! So, here they are…
** Make sure you read to the end to see a MAJOR CHANGE coming soon!!**
1. When it comes to posting- I want to learn to let go, quit obsessing, and just push the “publish” button. I have a bad habit of reading, re-reading, stressing, and over editing before I let a post go live, and that needs to stop. I need to loosen up, not be worried if people are going to like what I have to say, and just do me. With this, in 2017, I hope to become more confident in my blog and myself!
2. I want to up my game here on WordPress. I want to invest in my blog and my subscribers and hopefully host my first giveaway! This has been something that has been really on my heart the past few months and I hope to follow though this year… maybe even soon?
3. I am striving everyday to better myself. Most people don’t know, but for a little over a year now I have seriously struggled with anxiety and depression. This year, what has been at the core of my anxiety isn’t going to control me. Not. Any. More. I am DONE with being controlled by something that doesn’t deserve the ability to hold that power!
4. This year, I want to step more outside my comfort zone. I have never really allowed myself to ignore my fears and tackle my bucket list, so it’s time I put my big girl panties on and just do it!
5. Succeeding in school and being active in my sorority are big musts for me this year. I had big changes last semester by joining Alpha Phi, and declaring my major as Integrated Marketing Communications with Public Relations and Sports Communications specializations! I want to engulf myself in putting my best foot forward every time I step foot on campus, for me and Alpha Phi.
6. As some of you will already know, I got my first big girl camera for Christmas this year! I really want to become a better photographer and maybe even take a class on it.. I will be the first to admit, I don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to my camera, but I will be doing my very best each time I snap a photo.
7. 2016 will be the last year of OhMyMakeupObsession as we know it. I am revamping this site, upgrading, and changing our name. I will hopefully be starting some of these changes today, after this post is published. I hope you all are as excited as I am!!
Writing on OhMyMakeupObsession has been so good to and for me. I have loved every second of having this blog and growing with you guys! This year, for me, is all about “out with the old, and in with the new.” So…..
Without further ado… Our new name is….
Beauty Break with Betsy!!!
I am so pumped for this transition and this new year! I hope y’all are ready for a great ride!
Thank you for everything 2016 brought me. I am beyond grateful!