As many of you know, I leave for Colorado at the end of this week! I am so excited and can’t wait to share with you guys the things I have planned. To start all of this off, I wanted to write about what makeup I will be carrying with me on my trip, and how I plan to carry it on the plane. If you’re interested in this, keep reading! First off, I just purchased this case from Ulta last week. I needed an easy makeup case because my current one is like carrying a body bag. It takes basically all of my strength to carry it’s so heavy. Obviously, I’m not taking that one because I also want it to fit in my carry-on so I had to get a smaller one to do that!
Alright, now for what you’re here for…
1. Primer. I’m taking the two primers that I’ve been talking about for weeks now: Too Faced Hangover and Smashbox Minimize Pores. I really don’t need anything else when I have these two in my life.
I’m taking several foundations on my trip for different purposes…
2. Dior Forever, Dior Backstage, and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation.
Forever is obviously my full coverage foundation, while Backstage and Bye Bye Foundation are for during the day depending on what works better on the slopes. I’m still not sure how I feel about the Bye Bye Foundation which is why I’m taking Backstage as well.
I wanted to take my Dior Airflash because it’s one of my favorite’s right now, but am always hesitant when taking aerosol cans on planes, so I’m sadly leaving it at home.
3. For concealer, I’m taking my regular Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer. I need to actually get a new one before I leave because I am just about out and want a slightly lighter shade. But this is the only concealer I really trust day to day since it’s never creased on me (knock on wood).
4. For powders, I’m taking my Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder and Bare Minerals Blemish Rescue.
Cover FX to set the face like always, and Blemish Rescue to use if I decide I want powder foundation instead of cream/liquid. I go back and forth with this powder and really like it because it gives me a flawless base but is also very light on the skin. I’m not sure how it will perform in the mountains but want to try it anyways!
5. Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer. This is the only bronzer I use daily, so it’s the only one I travel with.
I thought about taking the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette as well but barely dip into it so I don’t see the point. If I don’t branch out with bronzing or contour powders at home, I’m definitely not going to on a trip.
6. I’m taking two blushes (unless you count the Jaclyn Hill split pans). My usual Tarte Amazonian Clay in the shade paaarty and Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. These are really the only two blushes I wear but do sometimes use the ones in the split pans. But, we’ll get to that later.
I’m taking 3 eyeshadow palettes with me on my trip.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam, Jaclyn Hill, and Too Faced Chocolate Gold.
These are my three go-to palettes. I generally would try to take just one or two of them, but since it’s my birthday trip I wanted to give myself more options than normal. Might be a tad excessive, but I know myself well enough to know I’ll get there and regret not having it.
I am also taking my Stila Liquid Eye Shadow in the Shade Kitten. I’m planning on using this probably on my birthday so stay tuned for that look because I will be posting it!
8. For highlight, I’m taking Jaclyn Hill’s split pans in Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop. I really can’t choose between the two and go back and forth daily so I need both when I travel. I also sometimes use the blushes in the pans, so it works out in case I need a different shade blush. I highly doubt I end up using them, but they are there if I do.
9. For brows and mascara, I’m taking all of my regular products. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and Clear Brow Gel and Tarte’s Gifted Mascara and Opening Act Lash Primer. I’m taking two mascara’s because one is about out and I use it for my bottom lashes and the new one for my top.
Also in this category: my Revlon lash curler and tweezers that I’ve had since high school.
10. Natura Bisse The Cure Sheer Eye. This is a tinted eye cream that I don’t use every day, but do when I don’t want a full face of makeup or to even use concealer. I really love this product and take it just in case I need it, which I more than likely will on this trip.
11. Tarte TarteGuard Mineral Powder Sunscreen. To be completely honest, I’m still trying this out so I don’t know how I feel about it. But, I got it for this trip, so obviously it’s coming with.
If you have used this product, please let me know in the comments below if it worked or not for you!
12. Two makeup rags. These are just two old washcloths I use to either keep my hands and products clean while doing my makeup or protect my clothes from fallout. I use these every day and am not sure I could function doing my makeup without them. As you can see they are very stained but don’t worry I clean them very regularly. I also use these to protect my makeup when traveling so nothing breaks in case of impact.
My carrier has a back side to put any liquids you would need in them. I haven’t fully decided if I’m going to use this side for shower stuff or pack them in my checked bag. It really depends on how heavy my suitcase ends up being. However, they will probably be in my carry on in the end. Either way, I’m putting shampoo and conditioner in those bottles and placing them in a ziplock bag just in case they decide to explode.
Regardless of where all of this ends up, I am placing my deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip scrub, and facewash in this area to keep it all together. When I’m traveling I like to keep all of my shower and makeup stuff together where I know if I left something out and I don’t have to search for it at my destination.
Any of the liquids/creams in my bag will be put in a clear plastic bag for TSA regulations and an extra precaution in case of a mess. I try to take as many travel sizes as possible so I can leave my regular sizes at home and keep them in my carry-on. This is just how I like to do it and what I’ve found to be best for me.
What are your favorite travel products? Let me know in the comments below!